The biology laboratory is a facility to users for the preparation and characterization of biological samples previous to
their experiments at the beam lines. At the same time, it will be used for the researches at SOLEIL in the molecular
and cellular biology and biochemistry fields.
Common laboratory equipment and consumables
1. Cold room
4. Balance (precision 1/100mg)
6. Ultra pure water
7. pH meter
8. Water bath
10. Hot plate stirrer
11. Glassware (beaker etc)
12. Safety equipment (gloves etc)
1. All samples and biological and biochemical materials necessary for sample preparation have to be declared on.
2. Only biological and biochemical materials approved by the safety group of SOLEIL synchrotron can be used.
3. Each sample must be identified and must have been specifically declared according to its nature.
4. Each sample or handled biological and biochemical product has to be labeled. The following information has to be mentioned.
- the name of the product
- the date
5. Warnings and indications in the laboratory must be respected.
6. Individual protection against bio hazardous substances must be used for any handling.
(lab-coats, gloves, glasses, closed shoes and working under fume hood if necessary).
7. Handling bio hazardous chemicals alone in the laboratory is forbidden.
Any drinking or any eating in the room is forbidden